Hello guys, well as for now ive packed away my baja untill next year, ive found a new job, and this is my first project after finishing the TMAXX one, although i didnt write up about the tmaxx one, ill try my best at this one...
So, a little history about the truck..
The truck was Nicks, who, Nick being Nick, put brushless into it, and i quote "it used to twang its tracks off like elastic bands" so already its had a rough life, but everything still looks asif it was built yesterday..
The truck was then passed onto Ian, (yanto) who then also brushless'd it and i first set my eye's on the thing at TM York last year, where i watched it shoot off at a milion miles a hour, which was fun...
Then im not sure after this, Hoss or someone will probley clear this up, but anyway, it ended up in Hoss's hands and then mine :)
So this was how i bought it from TM last year
Not in a bad state at all... got it home to find some clicking noises, and it would occasionally steer left, now this is a whole new ball game for me, never really used skid steering before so a quick look over i worked out how it worked and it seems one of the brake disks was binding slightley dragging it to the left.
And in the cupboard it went untill last friday night, when i completed my Tmaxx project i was putting it away and decided the best thing for this truck, with it comming upto winter was a Snow plow... Now ive been advised by a couple of people that the newer models seems to come with a snow plow attached already? anyway.. by the by
So i got cracking, nipped the shell off and looked at the gubbins, started stripping it down, and for somereason some of the screws were WAYYY tight, so those were drilled out and will be replaced, anyway, the blizzard had a odd looking hook attached to the back off it, which was offset, so the first job was to center that so i could attach a trailer (comming later pics)
So with the hook relocated to the center, i put it back on the truck and give it a quick tug and the plastic bent slightley i wasnt having this so i decided the best thing to do was to re-enforce it...
So about a year ago i was in B&Q late when they were putting discount stock up forsale the next day, so i picked up 2 of these sheets of metal, which set me back a grand total of £1
So i cut out a quick template and fixed it in... so now it was alittle re-inforced and didnt bend as much
So my trailer hook was in place, ready for my trailer, now all i needed was a trailer, this will come later...
Now onto the front...
The front was abit bare, so carrying the snow plow idea over i took a quick look at some fixing points and worked out how it would work... and a short time later i had a mock up of paper on how it would work, and a template for my "scoop"
That was pretty much it... for sunday night
Monday morning came, and after a session in the gym i went to the local hardware store, where i picked some M6 washers and nuts aswell as some threaded bar and wet and dry in various grades, total £11.02
So After i took my Baja apart i relised the turnbuckles would be fine to use as mounting points, i was going to wait and go for MCD ones, but i was wayyy to eager, pluss it means i can now buy the metal ones for the baja...
So stripped the baja of its goodies and threaded them through the bar
then i threaded the threaded bar into the sockets which was perfect, and got a breif size up..
All was too long, so after another size up i managed this :
So my Scoop was ready to be fitted, however, on paper i had designed the scooop with plastic running over the top middle and bottom for support however screwing it up now, i doubt it will need it as it was flipping the car before the metal would bend, however, ive ordered the plastic for the trailer now, so its comming anyway....
next i offered the scooop up and it sits perfect
The Threaded bar will be covered with plastic rod once it arrives, to prevent rust and salt corrosion...
Thats all for now, ill update it as and when i can... here is a current price list :
2 2000Mah batterys - £23
Plastic for 2 trailers and scoop -£31.50
Wheels and tyres (25 wheels and tyres, long story) - £16.20
Threaded bar, Nuts bolts and screws and wet and dry £11.02
sheets of metal £1
m3 rods - £3Current costs stand me at £75.02
however, 1 battery is for my Tmaxx and i really didnt need all the plastic, i overordered because i wanted to make a few trailers.
Thats all now folks :)